Our Lady of Good Hope Church was built in 1873, making it the third oldest church in BC and the first permanent Catholic mission north of Williams Lake.
Father A. G Morice from France was the head priest of the church from 1885-1904. He is known for creating a prayer book for the Carrier First Nations using his own system of heiroglyphics. He also studied local history and wrote a book entitled History of Centrail Northern BC.
The church continues to be used on Saturday evening during the summer months and remains a beautiful historic site for visitors all year round.