Houston’s Log School house was built in 1916. Inside was a wood heater, several rows of student’s desks, a clock on the wall, a large book cupboard and a coat rack. There were blackboards, and maps on rollers. The teacher’s desk had a world globe and a brass bell. There was a bench at the back of the room that held a bucket of water and wash basin. The school opened in 1916-17 with only seven students. The School was originally located on Butler Avenue next to where the Community hall is situated currently. The School house was moved to the Historical Site in 1983 on Highway 16 next to the Chamber of Commerce Info center. It was moved piece by piece and log by log.