Houston’s first fire truck was a 1942 Chevrolet Utility Wagon – 4 wheel drive. It was purchased on December 3, 1957, for $225 from Albert Tidsbury, a mining contractor from Edmonton, Alberta. The original bill of sale hangs in Chief Ken Thomson’s office today. The truck was equipped with a portable forestry pump and a plow and served double duty as Houston’s first snow plow. This truck stayed in service until 1973, when it was sold to the Hamblins for a farm vehicle. It was bought back by the municipality in 1982 and restored in time for the District’s 25th anniversary. This truck has been donated to the Morice Bulkley Heritage Museum Society and is on display in the Historical Site along Highway 16.